A blog dedicated to the New York Mets with some other baseball thrown in.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Plan B

For the New York Mets, now comes plan B.

They had hoped to add Carlos Delgado and complete a spectacular off-season that included the signings of Pedro Martinez and Carlos Beltran. But Delgado chose the Florida Marlins' $52 million, four-year offer Tuesday.

"You can't win them all," Mets general manager Omar Minaya said. "You don't like losing, but those things happen."

To fill its void at first base, New York was closing in on a deal to acquire Doug Mientkiewicz, who is being shopped around by the Boston Red Sox. ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports the Red Sox will receive a minor leaguer. The trade should be announced on Wednesday. Andres Galarraga already had been signed as a possible backup.


Should be announced by Wednesday? Wow. I certainly hope this minor leaguer isn't someone too good. After all, Mientoverratedandcannotbat.300anymoreicz is not worth much. I hope his .238 BA is fresh in Omar's mind. With Lee costing NO minor league talent it would be a travesty to give up any substantial worth for a guy who would cost more in dollars and in talent for an indiscernible upgrade. Although many people seem to think so, Dougie is not so fresh.

Look on the bright side, the one thing he has going for him is that he seems to like odd years.

2001 - .306/.387/.464
2003 - .300/.393/.450

2002 - .261/.365/.392
2004 - .238/.326/.350

Maybe 2005 will follow the same trend? Probably not. Shea is not exactly kind to hitters, but I'll welcome his glove if he can put up a .265 average with 10 homers. I know, I know. I'm not exactly setting a high bar here, but I'm being realistic that he may not even hit those numbers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.

Do you have an interest in web hosting php mysql? If so, I have a web hosting php mysql site.

I'd love to have you visit and let me know what you think.

9:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!
I'm definitely going to be checking back on your blog.

I have a domain registration web site hosting site. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

3:06 PM

 
Blogger elmota7ta said...

نقل عفش بالاحساء
التى تساعد فى النقل وعدد من الوكلاء الخارجية فى جميع الدول الاوربية ومصر ودول الخليجية فلا نحمل عملاءنا الكرام اى اعباء للنقل ونهتم كل خطوة من خطوات النقل

شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم
نقل عفش بالقصيم
شركة نقل عفش بينبع

5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home