A blog dedicated to the New York Mets with some other baseball thrown in.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Clinching Mediocrity

I've decided the best way to cope with problems is nice drinking binge. However, between 'dealing with my issues' and work it has not gone unnoticed by myself that our Mets have clinched mediocrity officially for the first time since 2001 when they won 82 games. As of now, the Mets are primed to top that slightly above mediocre mark and I'm feeling 83 wins for this team and a first round draft pick given up as compensation next year. I must admit I thought it was looking bleak to finish over .500 or above but our underachieving Mets have done just that and proved everyone right that said they were just a .500 team. This season will be engrained in my mind as the year they were a Richie Sexson or Carlos Delgado away from actually making the playoffs and having a chance to do something. Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

I will be at the last the game of the year as usual and toasting Mike Piazza on Piazza day so we can do it all over again in 2006 because I think we may see him again. Whether or not that is a good decision or not remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home