A blog dedicated to the New York Mets with some other baseball thrown in.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

They Must Be Smoking Some Good Stuff in Washington

John McGrath from the The Tribune News wrote and article about the Mets acquiring Freddy Garcia. He suggests it is as simple as trading David Wright combined with either Justin Huber or Mike Jacobs and then one of Craig 'Brozell' or Victor Diaz or Prentice Redman or Esix Snead thrown in for giggles. I'm not sure who Craig 'Brozell' is, he may be related to Craig Brazell, but I have not been able to confirm that. In my opinion, he writes the article in a condescending fashion and he then describes Mets as desperate and obviously implies that they dumb (they may be). I can safely say the Mets are not 'desperate' enough to trade away their top position prospect (and arguably their best overall prospect), possibly their best catching prospect in Huber, along with a another quality prospect for a half year rental. I am not too excited to see who the Mets part with if they do part with anyone, but mortgaging their future like that would effectively end 'the plan'. I do believe he is over estimating Garcia's worth as well. I should hope the Mets would have learned from past and make the wise decision to stay the course. I still maintain that if any pitching is picked up, it should be Benson. He will not cost a Wright, Peterson, or Kazmir and will keep us in line with our eyes on the future while improving our chances this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home